Thursday, March 03, 2016

Black and White Bible, Black and Blue Wife

When it comes to domestic violence, there are many code words that are employed to lesson the crime. When Judge Carol Irons (while in her chambers at the Grand Rapids Kent County Courthouse) was gunned down and killed by her policeman husband, his supporters all claimed that she had "provoked him." That is exactly how my husband excused his domestic violence. And such violence is often propped up by the term "male headship." In my latest book I talk about Judge Irons, male headship, and my own story of terrorism, threats, and violence at the hands of my ex-husband, an ordained minister. Code words that foster sex discrimination take many forms, including the often-hidden crime of domestic violence. Check out my book on ruthtucker.com